What Do You Need for Funeral and Cremation Services in Lehigh Acres, FL?
To-Do List for Funeral and Cremation Planning in Lehigh Acres, FL
As you are preparing for the event, a few specific items should be added on your to-do list. Of course, these recommendations vary depending on the event and dispositioning of the body. We encourage you to talk to our team about the best funeral plan so we can offer unique suggestions to match your requests.
- Choose an event style: What is the feeling and experience you want people to have when attending the event? In some situations, families prefer the formalities of black clothing and a traditional funeral in a chapel or funeral home. Alternatively, the event style might be a small group of the closest family members for a meeting before burial or cremation. Another possibility is to plan a celebratory event to match the personality of the deceased. If the person enjoyed a fun party, then you might choose a celebration of life with good food, upbeat music, and other activities.
- Choose a venue: Now that you’ve determined the type of funeral or memorial services you prefer, it’s time to decide where the event will be held. Do you want to have a formal environment? Then a funeral home or church might be the right location. For casual gatherings, you could hold the event outdoors, at home, or anywhere else that matches what you envision for this gathering.
- Invite loved ones: Who will be invited to attend the event? You need to determine your preferred group size, as well as the people who will want to attend. Family and friends find it healing to get together for the funeral, so it is common to offer an open invitation for everyone who would like to attend. If you prefer an intimate experience, then it might be better to keep the invitation limited to a small circle of friends and family.
- Select a method for disposition: Do you like the idea of laying your loved one to rest in a local cemetery? This resting place is available for traditional caskets and burial urns. If you want more flexibility in choosing a resting place, then cremation is an option to consider. Your family can choose to keep the ashes in an urn or scatter them outdoors.
- Select funeral or cremation products: Certain products need to be purchased based on your decision for laying the person to rest. If burial is selected, not only do you need a casket, but you also need to determine the right materials and design for the headstone. For cremation, you can choose from a variety of urn styles. Regardless of the way the person is laid to rest, many families choose to invest in memorial keepsakes or jewelry in honor of the deceased.
The most important thing to remember is that these funeral or memorial services are designed to fit your needs. Choose the services that are a good match for your traditions and family culture.
Tips for Cremation
Cremation is a great option if you don’t prefer traditional burial. If you decide that cremation should be included in the funeral plan, then it is best to hire a funeral home with an on-site crematory. Our team has private, on-site facilities where you can witness cremations if desired. We are happy to offer this unique feature because it means that we don’t need to subcontract the cremation. Most other funeral homes hire an outside provider for this portion of the services.
This in-house cremation means that your loved one always stays in our care. We can manage the level of respect and quality provided through the entire cremation process. Additionally, we can accommodate specific needs and guidelines for your religious traditions and preferences.
Getting Started with a Funeral Plan
If it is time to get started with funeral planning, then you need to contact a funeral and cremation provider in Lehigh Acres, FL. We are here to help with everything you need, including pre-need arrangements. Contact us right away for a consultation.
1. Where are your locations for cremation services?
We have locations at: Fort Myers, Sarasota, Lehigh Acres, and North Port - all in Florida. Get complete directions here.
2. What should I consider when opting for a traditional burial?
Of course budget is a consideration which will determine if the funeral will be elaborate, simple, public or private - and the place chosen as to where the service will be held. There is also the choice if the body is to be viewed, or if a closed casket is preferred. There is transport of the body to the funeral site, cemetery and burial or entombment. Read more about traditional burial here.
3. Do you have Pre-Planning services?
Yes we've developed a powerful online pre-planning tool. A password-protected account allows you to start your end-of-life plan and return to it as many times as you need to, until you're completely satisfied with your arrangements. Fill up our Pre-Planning Form here.